Potato Leek Soup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large leeks; white and light green parts only. (About 5 cups; chopped and washed thoroughly)
- 3 cloves garlic; peeled and smashed.
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1/2" pieces
- 7 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies Light Cream
- Chopped chives, frizzled leeks, smoked paprika for sprinkling at serving.
Step One - Melt butter in large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add leeks and garlic and cook, stirring
regularly, until soft and wilted. DO NOT let it brown.
Step Two - Add potatoes and stir around.
Step Three - Add broth, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper, and bring to a gentle boil. Cover pot and
simmer for 30 minutes until potatoes are soft.
Step Four - Remove Bay leaves and thyme. Puree' soup with handheld immersion blender until smooth.
Add cream and bring to gentle simmer.
Step Five - Taste and adjust seasonings.
Step Six / To Serve - Garnish with finely chopped chives, frizled leeks and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
Time to Prepare - 25 minutes
Time to cook - 1 hr 15 minutes
Yield - Six to eight servings