Step one - Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the
spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a fine mesh strainer, pressing
with a large spoon to release as much water as possible. Chop and
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, thoroughly washed with stems removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies heavy cream
Step two - Melt the butter in a medium saute pan over medium-high heat.
Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 2
minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, just until the liquid is released.
Add the cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and cook until the cream is reduced
by half, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Total time - 20 minutes
Yield - 4 servings