Nacho Cheese Sauce
Step one - Melt two tablespoons of butter over low heat in a saute pan. Add the onion, green chile, tomato, turmeric, paprika, and cayene pepper. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the onion softens completely.
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons green chile, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (or gluten free flour mix)
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies heavy cream
- 1 cup Farmland Fresh Dairies buttermilk
Step two - Add the remaining butter and the flour, and continue to cook on low for another two minutes. Add the cream, 1/2 cup of
the buttermilk, and cheese and stir until the cheese melts. Add in the remaining buttermilk a little at a time until the sauce becomes
velvety, about 10 minutes.
Step three - Transfer the sauce to a blender and pulse until completely smooth. Stream in the olive oil and continue to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with chips and pickled jalapenos.
Step four - You can make this sauce a day in advance and keep it in a sealed jar. Reheat in the microwave for a minute, stir, and finish heating another minute to serve.
Preparation time - 30 minutes
Yield - 16 to 20 ounces